Monday, June 30, 2008

God this will be Ugly

For years, I have been on this self styled crusade to get new licensed Traveller miniatures available, or really any complete Sci-fi miniatures, but recently I have decided a change in strategy is in order.

Time to make my own, Sci-Fi figures, from scratch, and god this will be ugly. I have painted and done quite a few conversion using GW and WOTC models as a base, over the years, but now it's time to go independent. I expect to fail, quite a bit, and that’s ok really, only a lack of relative progress will give me pause. Do I have thick skin, a little, but this is when I remember what my favorite professor said “Criticism: has a Greek root meaning to make better thought discussion, don’t take it personally, learn from it.” With this in mind, I commit myself to learning how to sculpt.

First step is design. An alien or non human seem to be the logical first, I doubt I will try a human for a while. Aliens also give some leeway in size and proportion, things I’m very concerned with. First shall be a Lupuserectis, or a standing wolf, a kind of a space werewolf, and you can’t license that. I will generally keep the proportions human, as for biology, I think some creative evolution is in order. I think this will be fun, like a sculpting ‘Spore” game.


Next up armature with pictures:

No comments: