Monday, December 15, 2008

Hunter Class for Traveller: new project

Been a busy week and the Holidays are putting a crimp in my timeline, so It looks like, I won’t be making much progress on the Traveller miniatures conversions until I get some supplies, and that won’t be before the end of the year. However, I did an inventory of modeling supplies and I was able to get started on ship miniatures I have been think of for some time. White Dwarf 70, has a sweet diagram of a Hunter class ship and I really liked it so I decided to try to make my own. This is my first ship scratch build and below is the first stage rough in. Using tracing paper, I traced the out line of the ship on some plastic sheets and cut them out. Spaced them out to represent the rough scale and used plastic model glue to hold it together. I will use Green Stuff to fill in the deck spaces and make the plates; finial skin will be Pro Create since it’s can be sanded. Currently it’s generally symmetrical, with a few errors, but I believe there are correctable. I will most likely glue a vertical strip on the rear with some engine ports.

Scale wise it’s just a tad bigger then the RAFM Traveller ships of old, it’s a little big, but hey, it’s my first try. I will get a comparison shot on the next update and most of my pictures where out of focus and did not turn out.


WD 70 Hunter

Scratch Building a Hunter

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Unfamiliar with that deck plan, might a scan of the b/w pages be available ?

patron_zero@yahoo.com